Membership of Lloyd’s Yacht Club is open to anyone who has a connection to the insurance market and is interested in sailing. The membership criteria is quite broad, but if you are unsure if you qualify or have any other questions about membership please contact us.
To join you need to complete an online application – the application form can be found here.
Members of Lloyds can automatically become members of LLYC, others require a proposer and seconder from within the Club. If you do not know anyone in the Club, please complete the form and pass to the Membership Secretary. If you are a current member who’s details may have changed or you are not receiving the newsletter or emails from the committee please update your details by logging in here.
Benefits of the club include:
- Participation in Club weekends on Lutine
- To take part in other sailing events organised by the Club, including the Lutine Lineslip Regatta, the Lutine Bell Race and the Finn Trophy.
- To take part in social events such as the monthly drinks, the Senior Members Lunch and the Annual Prize Giving.
- To fly the Club burgee and the defaced red ensign of the Club on their own boats.
- To carry the initials LLYC on the stern of their boat.
- To use the facilities of the Little Ship Club.
- To use the facilities of many other sailing clubs both in the UK and Worldwide.
- To attend committee meetings and vote at the AGM
|New full member
|New family member
|New over 65 member
|New under 35 member
|Membership after the first year is as follows
|Existing full member
|Existing family member
|Existing over 65 member
|Existing under 35 member
A family member is defined as a member’s partner or dependent children.
It is the policy of the Club that all members have a valid and current Direct Debit Mandate in place for paying their annual subscription. You may do this online using our automated form.
By joining you are agreeing to abide by the rules of the Club.
Lutine, the Club’s yacht, is held in the name of a company known as Lutine Yachts Limited (a company limited by guarantee). This company is effectively the operating company for the Club. By becoming a member of the Club you will automatically become a ” member” of Lutine Yachts Limited.